Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day

The calendar says that spring will be here in a couple of weeks, but Old Man Winter still has a trick or two up his sleeve.  Over the weekend, the weather guys started warning us about a potential major winter event.  It's not 'potential' anymore, folks ... it's here, and it sure is a pretty sight outside the dining room window.

 
 
It started to snow here in Hartwood at about 10pm. The worst of it is still to come, as the heart of the storm moves from west to east.  Thankfully, this storm isn't going to give us anything close to the snow totals that our New England friends experienced last month.
 
The red dot on the map is Hartwood, on the line between the 8-12" and 5-10".  Who knows how much snow we will eventually get.

 
Today is a good day to work upstairs in my sewing room, to try to reclaim it from the dumping place that it became during our master bedroom closet project at the first of the year.  Working on one of my favorite spaces, warm and dry, as the snow falls outside ... it should be a good day.

9 comments:

  1. According to your map, I'm in the 5-10 swath as well. Yuck. Hope the snow stops falling on you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice the snow, but this means no spring in the air. We had two lovely sunny days and I am quite busy pruning my roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sap for snow! I just love a good storm. Gives you permission to do nothing, be no where! It's the best. Light a fire and curl upi with a good book or a movie, glass of wine. Hoping New England gets blasted again! LOL! Yup, I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know everyone is tired of snow, but what a lovely view it gave you. Enjoy your day!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie- I am so sick of winter I could spit...but it would freeze on my lips! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were right on that edge and only ended up with about 6-7 inches, but when I woke up from my snow-day nap it was mostly gone--But this morning it was pretty to see, and I loved that I got out of work, so I'm good with it! I hope you've had a good day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My office/workroom is a dumping ground right now too and probably will stay that way until our move. I had many plans to get it cleaned up and many things taken to Goodwill but this flu bug has different ideas for me. Good intentions but not happening. Good luck with your dumping place clean-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got your snow yesterday here in Ohio. A very pretty snow that is already melting. It was a very heavy wet snow,hard to shovel and bending down all the trees. We only had about 4 inches, so hopefully you won't have too much damage if you get more.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a good day, and kept your power! We got 5" of slushy snow here. Great day for getting projects done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails