Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fall Foliage at the Cemetery.

After the Grandson got home from Kindergarten yesterday afternoon, he and I went into Fredericksburg to visit Oak Hill Cemetery.  We found some really beautiful scenes there, lit by the low angle of the late afternoon sun. 






I visit a lot of cemeteries ... sometimes I'm looking for someone in particular, and sometimes it's just to take photos.  (I do genealogy research, and I'm one of the many photo volunteers throughout the country for 'Find A Grave', a wonderful web site that documents and catalogs cemeteries.)






Old cemeteries have a lovely feeling about them.  The passage of time eases the rough edges on the monuments, and gives them so much character and grace.  Many times, I find flowers cultivated among the stones ... roses, peonies, daffodils, iris, and other survivors.



This looks like a very nice place to spend one's final rest, don't you think?

(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails