Darlow's Enigma, Hybrid Musk, found rose
"Here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cute little smiley faces on this ... Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
1. When you are sad, I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
Alba Meideland, Climber
3. When you smile, I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.
Basye's Purple Rose, Hybrid Rugosa
4. When you are scared, I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you're NOT.
Jean Guichard, Wichurana Rambler
5. When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
"The Bishop", Hybrid China
6. When you are confused, I will try to use only little words.
"Peggy Martin", Multiflora Rambler
7. When you are sick, stay completely away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
Little Buckaroo, Miniature
8. When you fall, I will laugh at your clumsy ass, but I'll help you up.
"Puerto Rico", Hybrid Tea, found rose
9. This is my oath .... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask ~ because you are my friend."
Banshee, Damask Hybrid
My wish for you is that each of you has at least one true friend who is as dear and honest as this.
(All of the roses in the photos in this post are among those that were just added to updated inventory on my Hartwood Roses web site. Click HERE to go to the catalog.)