Thursday, October 4, 2012

Checking In

I realized earlier today that it's been a while since I wrote anything here.  It's not that I have less to say ... quite the opposite, actually.  There is lots to tell you about, with our Greyhounds Rock Fredericksburg fundraiser gathering next month, and stuff happening around the house ... I just haven't had as much time as usual to be on the computer.

My last two days have been spent cutting and sewing martingale collars to restock the Greyhounds Rock booth for two shows we are doing this weekend.  Working two shows on the same day means that we have to split our stock, and I have to make more collars than I usually do. 

Alice was with me for company for a while as I worked.

 

I'm still not finished.  Though I wanted to do other things tomorrow, I will spend at least half of the day continuing to sew. 

Each collar we sell is $20 more donated to the cause ... with the goal to one day find effective treatments (and eventually a cure) for canine cancer ... this keeps me motivated.

For those of you who are local, you can find Greyhounds Rock at Fredericksburg's Downtown Dog Fair on Saturday, and at the Fredericksburg Wine Festival on Saturday and Sunday.

********************************
Edited on Friday morning to add:

Ms. Alice got a bit too involved with the process of cutting strips of iron-on adhesive this morning.  She swished her plume of a tail across the path of my rotary cutter ... lost a puff of tail fur in the encounter.  I shooed her down off the table after this.



Anyway ... I have to back to sewing now.

11 comments:

  1. Girl, I've never understood how you ever find time to blog. You stay so busy! Sew on. I'll be here when you show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie, You do stay so busy! I love hearing what you've been up to. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at both of the shows...I hope you raise lots of money!!! Your collars are beautiful and so is your heart.

    Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good egg... you know that, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very beautiful companion you have there! Alice is a very gorgeous cat indeed!

    Best of luck - that's such a kind thing to do.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. we need to send you some gator fabric to see if how those do up there.....

    See you soon in Sacramento!
    Cyd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love when the cat decides to "help" with sewing projects? I figured out the our "helpful" felines are the reason I don't do much sewing anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't be able to make it to either show, but would love to purchase a couple of collars to help the cause. Could you just pick out a large "girly" one for Angel (no hello kitty please!) and something in blue or red if you have it in medium for Mosby? I'll give you the money when we have lunch. (If you sell out this weekend no worries, I'll just put in an order.) Good luck with the fundraisers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that Dorothy is your little shadow, Connie. What a sweetheart! Have fun at the show and I wish you loads of sales!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I love Alice -- such a pretty kitty! And yes -- our kitties like to help here too! I always seem to have lots of help here in the yarn room!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails