Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Whole Lot of Roses Goin' On

Right now, most of what I am doing during the day revolves around roses in one way or another.  It's always this way in the spring and fall.  I have spent two days this week (so far) removing six of the eight roses in the Rose Field that are infected with Rose Rosette Disease.

Another rosy chore this week is working on a program that I am presenting to the Richmond Rose Society on Sunday ... showing the members what I saw during my trip to the rose conference in Sacramento two weeks ago.  It has been wonderful reliving the trip, as I sort and format a select number of the 1200+ photos I took while I was there. 

In a throwback to the 'Flowers on Friday' feature that I used to do here, sit back and enjoy some glamor shots of some beautiful roses.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Gosh we had such a good time....your pics bring back step by step loveliness.....I wish there were more functions like this one to enjoy with all of our rosie friends!

    Thanks and look forward to more memory pics....

    XXOO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to roses with lots of petals and you have SEVERAL of them. These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the slide show!!! Beautiful, beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, Connie! I love seeing your roses - and it makes me soooo glad that I bought those sweet little white climbers from you a couple years ago! They are doing fabulously, btw. :) I did dig up that "America" (coral) climber by the garage that had that rosette disease. Now I want to replace it with a pretty pink one (similar to the N.O. Cemetery Rose). Can you suggest a pink climber that does well in a little more shade than normal? It would be on the north side of my garage. Thanks! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indica and Cornelia.. absolutely stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie, Your pictures are beautiful and I'm sure your presentation will be wonderful. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    PS...you are one busy lady lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I don't think I could pick out a favorite from these - they each have a special quality that makes them beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Friday Rose Feast for the Eyes!!
    thank you! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails