Friday, October 21, 2011

A Fabulous Fall Day

The weather today was perfect!  The sun was shining, with puffy white clouds accenting the bright blue sky.  The air was crisp and cool (sweater weather) but not so much as to be uncomfortable.  A perfect day to spend the morning working on projects (I'll show you later what I was up to) and the afternoon with a friend.

I was on the deck enjoying the view, while Daniel was outside at lunchtime, and I noticed that the trees across toward Hartwood Winery are starting to change into their fall colors. This will be an even more beautiful view in about a week. (When I say that I live next door to a winery, I mean RIGHT next door. The foreground of this photo is our field, and the other side of that board fence is vineyard.)




Some of the trees between the house and our barn are beginning to shed some of their leaves, and the barn is coming back into view.  (We can only see the barn from inside the house when the trees are leafless.)



Looking toward the south, I loved the way the sunshine was illuminating the branches of our enormous pecan tree.  Blue sky, green leaves ... ahhhhh.



Thank you, all of you, for your kind compliments about the painted bed I showed you yesterday.  I am a bit surprised at what retail prices must be in shops.  (I'm a bargain hunter, after all ... retail shopping and buying is something that I almost never do.)  The consensus in the comments was that $250 would be a good price ... perhaps it is, with commission and booth rental figured in, but it makes me squirm.  I was thinking it should be more like $175.  This would leave enough $$$ to buy a lovely nightstand, or perhaps a dresser or chest to go with your little girl's bed ... repeat customers and word of mouth satisfaction is the ticket ... I hope I'm on the right track.

Have a great weekend, Everyone! 

8 comments:

  1. What a view! Lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos make me wish I could visit your part of the world right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Not so many leaves changing colors here in Houston. I think by the time I return home to Georgia I will have missed them.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning scenery--- I love being outside on beautiful days like this. I can almost feel the breeze on that beautiful autumn day. Our colors here (in KY) have peaked and the recent rains are going to finish off the splendor. So sad----

    Enjoy this last bit of wonderful weather-- you know what comes next!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leaf color is about the same as ours. It's still very pretty. I love the view out your window too overlooking the pecan tree and a little peak of the barn in the distance. I bet it keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really has been gorgeous the past couple of days. I say ask on the high end when selling.. if you sell items in a booth or consignment shop, sometimes people ask for an additional 10-15% off. This gives you room to let them barter with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your views from the house are just gorgeous!!! Our colors are very close to be pretty much over here, Connie. :( It was a short season due to the continuous high winds we had the past week. After a great beginning to October, we had a 8 days of yucky cold rainy weather. At least the weekend promises to be sunny. I'll be out there blowing more leaves to be sure! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, I love to read your posts and have wondered why we are often out of touch for so long.

    Apparently I forgot to hit follow.

    Now I can stayed tuned for beautiful photos and great stories hot off the press.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails