Monday, September 5, 2011

Striped Roses

I love roses with stripes!  Here are a few that were blooming in the garden this weekend.

'Pinstripe'
(Miniature)


'Striped Delight'
(Miniature)


The first flower on a rooted cutting of 'Shadow Dancer'
(Climber)


I love how this flower on 'Strawberry Swirl' is almost divided in half.
(Miniature)


'Tawny Tiger'
(Floribunda)


A bud on 'Moore's Last Stripe' on Friday.
(Floribunda)


Opened into this beautiful flower on Saturday.


With the arrival of cooler weather, I am feeling more and more like tackling the garden now.  My energy level is up, and my brain is in high gear, so expect to have more posts about garden subjects for a while ... after all, this was a rose blog when I started so long ago.  I'm not sure I can remember that far back.   :)

12 comments:

  1. oooh...I have a weakness for striped roses, I want one of those striped delights!!! :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for stripes as well. Variegata di Bologna was my first love. Right now, I've got Moore's Striped Rugosa on order. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Connie! Thank you! I have loved stripes since I first enountered them nearly thirty years ago. Might you please have a bit more information about the one you call "Moore's Last Stripe"? It would be interesting seeing if we can identify it. Happy Labor Day! I hope it's a fun day for you before the "work" resumes! Thank you! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. How unique and exotic, Connie. And you have several of these beauties. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love striped roses, although I only have one. I think they remind me a bit of a clown's neck ruffle, and the cheerfulness of a circus. (I think of clowns as fun, not scary.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen striped roses. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing!

    We've had a break in the heat and I'm LOVIN' it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, we don't have anything available around here like these, they are BEAUTIFUL!!....

    I've had luck with a "Julia Child" variety here, are you familiar with it? It's probably a knock out of some sort, because it's that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stripies are very cute. I don't have any although I tried with Rainbow, the tea rose. Did you say you're having cooler weather? Sounds lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm awfully late, but I'm playing catchup!

    I only have one striped rose and sadly I'll be bidding it farewell when we move, but it's a favorite.... actually I have it as my little follower photo. It's called Scentimental. Such a beauty... as are all of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails