Friday, September 23, 2011

Do You Read Tara Dillard?

Tara Dillard is a landscape designer/author/TV personality/lecturer in Atlanta, Georgia ... and she has one of my very favorite blogs.  If you don't read it, you should.  Her style is snappy and straight-to-the-point, and her advice is just as no-nonsense ... and I'm not telling you this just because she featured Hartwood Roses in her post this morning.

This is Tara's beautiful photo of 'Dortmund', a gorgeous red climber, that I "borrowed" from her blog.


Tara is on my mailing list, and she (and everyone else on the list) received my latest email update last night.  It prompted her to write and ask permission to republish my note on her blog.  I was touched.

To read what I wrote, and to get a delightful taste of Tara's style, click HERE.  I guarantee you will love it as much as I do.

This is 'Dortmund' again, trained along the front of one of the buildings at Lynchburg's Old City Cemetery.

Do YOU want to be on my mailing list?  Let me know via a comment, or sign up on the Hartwood Roses WEB SITE.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! It is always nice when someone appreciates our work! I will go check her out! And I would love to be on your mailing list :)
    xo, misha

    1missmisha@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Are you spoiling Caleb yet? I'm waiting for photos!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the cuttings I've pruned away in 15 years off my Cl. 'Dortmund'. Wish you could have propagated all for sale.

    Wet years? Dortmund is fake looking, it's so perfect.

    Drought? SAME.

    My Dortmund was placed in a dwarf abelia hedge with clematis & hydrangea to look like an English Hedgerow. I think it does.

    Non-gardening neighbors think it's a mess !!! Pity their life.

    Truly, THANK YOU, for loving roses so much.

    Garden & Be Well, XO T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending me Tara's way. I will be reading her blog now also. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails