Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Snapshot ... That's MY Mommy.

This is a typical scene here at our house.




My husband and I had been working outside (which is why you see that I'm wearing camouflage work pants).  I parked on the sofa to chill for a few minutes, before going upstairs to shower, and the animals seized the opportunity to grab some mommy-time.  

Winnie had been on her green down throw (that you see there all wadded up).  When Dorothy arrived, Winnie quickly hopped over to claim my lap.  Dorothy was feeling affectionate ... she rubbed on me for a few minutes, then she settled in beside me on my arm.  When Dorothy is happy like this, she stretches out and puts her toes on me.  This time, she was touching Winnie and Winnie didn't like it one bit.  

Each time Dorothy moved her toes, Winnie growled.  I use situations like this as a training opportunity ... correcting Winnie when she reacts and praising and petting her and telling her that she's a good girl when she's quiet.  It only took a few minutes for Winnie to decide that my lap was the reward in this case, and that she would have to tolerate the happy cat who wanted to touch her.  

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

********************
Sunday Snapshots are posts devoted to a moment in time that represents a slice of life in Hartwood, or wherever else I happen to be at the time. 

19 comments:

  1. They really are kids with four legs, aren't they? Hope you had a nice 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ... with quirks and issues, just like us humans have.

      Delete
  2. They are like children wanting mommies attention!! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times when I have two dogs, and at least two cats, all vying for my attention at once.

      Delete
  3. Domestic dramas that make life worth living.

    great pic.

    xot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara. All we have to do is be still and watch, to appreciate all the things that happen around us every day. A friend and I were talking about that yesterday ... how important it is to be present.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know! I am thankful that my husband had his phone with him to capture the moment.

      Delete
  5. It looks totally comfy and I don't think I'd be getting back up again anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was comfy, but I had to get up ... I was dirty and probably more than a little bit stinky from working outside. That shower sure felt good!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Their little personalities are so fun to watch. We have often commented that we could not have kept Winnie if she had teeth, since she guards me like she does when the cats come near. Odd that she ignores them at all other times.

      Delete
  7. Looks like Mommy had LOTS of attention! Can't imagine that around here, it's too hot, but so is working outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times when I have to shoo them off because I get hot. It's not as hot here as it is where you are, though. I can't imagine how you deal with that.

      Delete
  8. Love all your animal stories.....and Ruby has stolen my heart.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's her job ... to be adorable and make people love her.

      Delete
  9. I LOVE that photo! Sweet, sweet, sweet. I love the way Dorothy is looking at the camera. I am partial to tabbies. :-) Winnie is always adorable.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy was wondering what my husband was doing, as he was taking the photo. She's such a funny cat!

      Delete
  10. Looks kinda like my home...if multiplied by several times! LOL!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails