Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Surprise Package for Winnie

There was a package in the mailbox yesterday addressed to 'Winnie Puppy'.  Someone I have never met or heard from before found my pattern for knitting a tiny dog sweater and used it to make a sweater for a dog that she was in the process of adopting.  That adoption fell through, and the dog they ended up adopting was too large for the sweater, so she sent it to Winnie!



It is beautiful!  I am completely overwhelmed by the thought of such kindness.





The sweater fits Winnie perfectly!  





The sender's name is Becky and she has a blog named "Molly & Lucy".  Molly and Lucy are her new dogs, tiny seniors.  Becky's blog posts tell the story of how she adopted Lucy and Molly together last month from the Richmond Animal League, and how they are settling in and adapting to their new home and family.  The blog also has a page titled 'Consider an Older Dog' ... the advantages of adopting adult and/or senior dogs are many, and the rewards are beyond what I can describe.

Lucy and Molly


Thank you, Becky ... I will think of you and Molly and Lucy often ... especially when the weather gets colder and Winnie's new sweater will be put to very good use.

17 comments:

  1. This just warms my heart! The sweater looks lovely on Winnie and how nice is that! I'd say Lucy and Molly are lucky dogs for sure to be adopted by such a kind lady!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warms my heart, too! This package in the mail was a total surprise. I'm still blown away by Becky's kindness in sending it to Winnie.

      Delete
  2. Who knew life could be this rich, a fashion shoot with Winnie !!

    XOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie was a very reluctant subject, I assure you. She wanted to be in my lap, as I sat on the floor, instead of standing still to have her photo taken. Notice that her tail is a blur.

      Delete
  3. Kindness never goes out of season; Winnie looks AAAdorable in her sweater! Yes to senior adoption; I've adopted many seniors and they've all been wonderful companions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Sandra! It's wonderful to get a reminder like this of just how many truly kind people there are out there. All of our dogs were adults when we adopted them ... Winnie is the first true senior. Seniors are my favorite. There are few things that are as beautiful to me as the grey face of a senior dog.

      Delete
  4. Some people are just amazingly nice (and some of them are bloggers). You do give a lot out with your wonderful blog and it is so nice that you are getting such a treat in return. Winnie looks very smart!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww, now you're gonna make me blush.

      I am anxious for chilly weather so Winnie can wear her new sweater for longer than just a photo shoot. It looks so good on her! I am still overwhelmed by Becky's kindness in sending it to us.

      Delete
  5. Awwww, how thoughtful and Winnie looks adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thoughtful, indeed! Becky has a new post up on her blog, showing an in-process look at the new sweater that she's knitting for Molly. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

      Delete
  6. That was a wonderful surprise and the little sweater fits Winnie to a T.

    Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to having packages in the mailbox, since our daughter does a lot of online shopping. Seeing one addressed to Winnie was a real surprise ... finding this beautiful sweater inside, and knowing the work and love that went into making it, made this a very, very special gift.

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely and kind gesture....and "Miss Winnie" looking awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, she looks adorable in that wee sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful surprise!
    I will go check out her blog.
    I am so happy to read that she adopted seniors.
    She is definitely a sweet and kind person.
    So glad that it fit Winnie perfectly!
    Definitely a meant to be.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails