Monday, July 30, 2012

A Day at the (very chilly) Beach

We got home from our two-week trip to Alaska late Saturday afternoon.  (It's been two days, and I'm just now to a point where I can sit here at the computer and get caught up on things I've missed while we were away.)  I downloaded my Alaska photos last night, all 1600+ of them, and it's going to take me a while to sort through them and get them into a form that I can share them with anyone.

In the meantime, let me take a few minutes to show you how my husband and I spent our anniversary last Thursday ... in Barrow, Alaska ... the northernmost point in the United States.



Yes, Folks, those are chunks of ice!  (I was told that the water temperature was about 34 degrees.  It was cloudy, and windy, and the air temperature was about 50.)

While we were planning this trip, one of our goals was to find a way to get across the Arctic Circle.  As it developed, this plan evolved from a step across the line at the Arctic Circle into a day trip to Barrow ... dipping our feet into the frigid water of the Arctic OCEAN.





It's a coincidence that our adventure in Barrow fell on the day of our anniversary.  To mark the occasion, we HAD to take pictures as we waded in the frigid water.





Thirty-two years together ... and I love this man more every day! 



Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails