I have had this stained glass window for YEARS. I bought it on Craigslist because I loved it and it was cheap, but without any idea of where or how to use it. The color and finish you see is exactly how it was when I bought it. Thought at one point about reworking the framing in the shack to use it there, but decided that I didn't want to subject it to the weather. It has been stored in our basement, moving from spot to spot, as I schemed and plotted.
I showed it in the basement workshop THIS post from 2010.
At one time, it was upside down in the corner of our pool room, practically hidden behind all of this crap that I have since sifted through and dealt with.
It was a fit of weird inspiration that led me to bring it upstairs and try it on top of the hutch. My husband and I agree that we love it. With that decided, it was time to make it safe and secure up there.
I screwed three pieces of scrap 1 x 6 to the bottom of the window to make 'feet' as a base. With the window in place on top of the hutch, I then screwed the feet into the top of the hutch. This thing isn't going anywhere now!
The 'feet' screwed to the base of the window with two-inch screws, and I used 1 1/4 inch screws to attach it to the top of the hutch.
Eventually, I hope to add another thing or two up there with the window, to fill out the space and add some more interest. For now, though, I think that it's close enough to perfect exactly the way it is.