Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Autumn Colors

This time of year is almost perfect.  There's a refreshing chill in the air in the morning that almost makes up for all of the 90+ degree days we endured this summer.  The sun rises and lights up the autumn colors in the trees ... and I marvel at the views from my deck.





You can see that the pecan tree is getting a bit threadbare, as it drops its leaves in preparation for winter.  This opens up views toward the rear of the property that we cannot see in spring and summer while the tree has all its leaves.



Looking a little closer, I can catch a glimpse of the Rose Field beyond the fence and before the barn.  In season, I can't see this area at all from the house.  Once all the leaves are gone, I will have a clear view of the barn all winter.



The trees across the field, looking north toward the Winery, are beautiful.





This is the view toward the front of the property, with our across-the-street neighbor's house and beautiful red crape myrtles in the background.  The rose beds in the foreground hold much of my collection of antique Hybrid Tea roses.



We finished the day with colors of a beautiful autumn sunset.

(no PhotoShop actions were necessary here.  This was Mother Nature's creation ... I just snapped the picture.)

(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog.)

9 comments:

  1. We both love the Va. mountains in the fall, but the Piedmont sure holds its charms as well. You live in a lovely place. I know you are thankful for the improved view, I just hope it does not come with diminished privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful view you have. Such lovely colors this year! Thanks for taking these gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a naked pecan tree. They always have such great looking, craggy, dark branches this time of the year. Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful peaceful photos of your lovely landscape! Today I saw a clematis and an iris in bloom - so strange at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such lovely, lovely photos! Total bliss... Thank you so much for sharing them. Hugs, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness....what a beautiful place you get to call home!! The views are breathtaking! You are blessed for sure! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, what beautiful property you live on. It is like a picture perfect postcard. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, this is my first visit & your photography is wonderful. I enjoyed my visit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails