Thursday, March 18, 2010

Is This Progress?

I was so thrilled last month, when I finally finished organizing my basement workshop.  (Click HERE to see what it looked like.)  This room has been a dream to work in since then, and I haven't had to hunt for a single lost tool.  This is no longer the situation, as of earlier this morning.



Isn't this horrible?

The plumber is coming on Saturday morning to rough in the plumbing for the basement bathroom.  In order for him to run the new supply lines, he had to have access to the back of the bathroom wet wall ... which is the wall in the workshop with the huge storage unit. 




All of the things stored on the shelves had to be put somewhere else, and the unit itself will be moved forward as soon we can assemble a crew of strong bodies to do it.




This means that every available flat surface in the workshop is covered with the contents of the now-empty shelves.




It took so much work to get this stuff organized ... it's really painful for me to see it looking like it does.




I'll do my best Scarlett O'Hara impression, and I just won't think about it anymore.  

Let's move onto things that make me happy ... like choosing wallpaper for the bathroom.  The samples of the red and yellow roses and birds wallpaper came in the mail yesterday afternoon.  I ran right downstairs and tossed each of them onto the floor to see which looked best.






The colors in the yellow one are really pretty, but the red one is absolutely perfect.  It matches the floor beautifully, and it will make such a dramatic statement in this small, dark space.  (Can you believe how large these samples are?)

After the plumber finishes his rough-in on Saturday, I imagine we will have the remainder of the framing, the electric, and the insulation finished by the end of next week.  I'm so excited!!

(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog.)

5 comments:

  1. I love the red wallpaper choice... I also added beadboard around the bottom of the bathroom I chose my red patterned paper for and painted it an olivey green that matched the green in the paper. it was a great compliment to the room, gave it more depth. You already have very pretty tile that gives that dimension, mine was a very basic white flat tile and the room neede Ooomph in the walls. You do such an awesome job, a real DIY-er. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I feel your pain! I always say, "things have to get ugly before they get pretty!" It is soooo true but so hard to deal with! Especially when you had your room looking so awesome!! Hang in there girl, it'll be back soon & with a fancy new bath!

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting and the mess will all be worth it in the end, just keep saying that over and over!

    And the red is the perfect choice, I can't wait to see the bathroom all finished with that gorgeous wallpaper adorning the walls!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...the red is gorgeous...two thumbs up!!

    The finished basement will be worth all the mess.....I'm speaking from experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always gets worse before it gets better, doesn't it. I predict that you will actually be able to tidy up really quickly this time since you had a system in place that you are replicating.

    I'm glad you are going with the red wallpaper, as on my monitor the yellow doesn't seem to match too well. The red wallpaper is amazing. Can't wait to see it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails