Thursday, February 18, 2010

Greetings From the Greenhouse.

Our unseasonably cold weather continues, adding to my HUGE case of cabin fever. Working in the greenhouse is a great way to feel better. The temperature outside is 38 degrees, and the wind is howling. In the greenhouse this afternoon, it was ...






Even though we still have a full foot of snow in the front yard, winter is beginning to wane.  Days are longer, the sun is higher in the sky, and the plants in the greenhouse are taking notice. 






When I make my weekly assessment of the cuttings, I see more and more of this:





The cuttings that have already rooted are growing new leaves .... and are showing signs of becoming real roses.










I'm repotting the rooted cuttings, taking them from their small 2-inch clear pots to 3 1/2" deep pots.  This gives them plenty of room to grow nice, strong root systems.




This is what it's all about.

(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog.)

1 comment:

  1. I know it is a working greenhouse, but you are fortunate to have the retreat. And yes this has been a very unseasonably cold winter, I am quite sick of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails