Sunday, May 3, 2009

Preparations for the Grand Opening.

There’s nothing like the threat of having company to kick one’s motivation into high gear. With the nursery opening in a few weeks, and 3 garden events leading up to the opening, I still have a ton of things to do to get the gardens into shape.

It looks like spring is finally here to stay (nevermind the summer-like temperatures of the last week – we still haven’t quite reached our average last-frost date). It’s too early to put out tender annuals, but it’s fine for acclimating the roses to life outside the greenhouse. They’ve been subjected to the full high and low temperatures for a few weeks now, and everyone is looking pretty good … if I do say so myself.

As soon as I finish my inventory, I’ll know exactly what’s available for sale this year. (I’ll publish the list on the web site on June 1.) There are more than a hundred different varieties … but only a few of each.

When you visit this summer, I have no doubt that you will find at least one rose that you can’t live without. We’ll be open on Saturdays, from 10 am to 3 pm, starting on June 6.

2 comments:

  1. Ive been giving your website info to people coming into the nursery for different types of roses :) Stephen has decided he would like to plant roses along our fence out front as well, so we'll be seeing you sooner or later...

    ~chrisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrisi, my dear, you are always welcome to visit. Roses on fences is what I do best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails