Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Milestones

During November, while I was in the middle of my month-long series of posts about Mr. Rogers, two significant things happened here at the blog:

My one-thousandth post, and ...

This blog's SIXTH anniversary!

These rose-print Converse sneakers are my most recent favorites!


I am amazed, sometimes, to think that I have kept at this for so long.  Six years worth of gardens and projects, ups and downs, thoughts and dreams ... six years is a LONG time in blog years.

Ruby waiting patiently at the foot of the stairs, which don't look like this at all now that I have reassembled the railing.


NYC at Christmas.


You have been right here with me, helping to celebrate the arrivals of new family members and we have mourned some losses (both of humans and critters).

Spending time with the grandkids.


Ruby arrived in 2012, and Winnie has been here for almost a year.


Alice and Dorothy arrived in 2010, and my sweet Daniel left in 2013.


I think about how many people I have come to know and love through this little slice of cyberspace.  Some of you live nearby and have become real life, in-person friends.  Others live too far away, continents away in some cases, but the relationships with these folks are just as rewarding.

Making pendant lights for the renovation of The Shack.


Mystery rose that was given to me by a dear friend.


Along the way, I hope that you have learned a few things.  Whether it was general subjects like how to use tools, refinish and paint furniture, plant and care for roses, fun places to go on vacation, or something specific like how to break the news to your husband that you adopted a geriatric Chihuahua without asking him first, I've covered it.  

Chalk paint projects.


Adding walk-in closets to our master bedroom.


Winnie has changed so much since she arrived here!


I'm not a professional blogger, one that's driven by stats and page views, sponsors and ads, or contract commitments.  What you see here is real life and what I'm doing and thinking, as lived by me and the rest of the crew here at Hartwood Manor ... our little corner of rural countryside with the suburbs fast approaching ... this place that I am blessed to live and where I call HOME!

Hartwood Manor ... my largest renovation project ever.


Thank you for spending part of your day here, whether you are a regular reader, a newcomer, or you visit only from time to time, if you speak up and comment or read and move on without leaving a trace.  We are all given the same 24 hours to use each day ... I am grateful that you choose to share part of your time with me.

24 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. Thank you for sharing your life and pix with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been here for the majority of those years and thoroughly enjoy each visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 years of blogging, a long time, I am not yet half way, but it's always nice reading your blog, hope you continue for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh- Our lives are moving us right along. I think I discovered you about 4 years ago. It's been a fun ride. Congrats on 6 years. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, this made me smile and also brought a little lump to my throat but it's the thing I love most about blogging. Sharing our lives with those who become friends and a part of our days. I've enjoyed the many years of blogging friendship! Who knows one day I may get up your way and we could meet in person! Until then I'm a faithful follower and friend.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 1000th post and for six years of inspiration and information! I can't believe little Winnie has been with you for a year and I haven't met her yet! And if it hadn't been for you and your blog, I wouldn't be a rose lover!

    Here's to six more years!

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pleasure to have *met* you ... albeit, in cyberspace ;>]] I originally came here for roses, but I have stayed for so much more ....

    HAPPY BLOG-VERSARY !!

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you dear Connie for 1,000 posts and 6 years of blogging them.

    Your blog is a real treat and one I enjoy very much. You inspire me with all that you do and your love of roses encourages me to keep growing them myself.

    Love and hugs to you this holiday season ~ FlowerLady

    P.S. Love that photo of you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good wishes for the next inspiring six years, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 6th Blogiversary, Connie! I'm getting ready to celebrate my 6th as well. It feels like decades in some ways and like I started yesterday in others. That whole passage of time thing, you know? I'm a long-time lurker (at least I don't remember commenting before). Sometimes being a blogger one's self, it's nice to just read other blogs instead of "speak." But I've enjoyed and shared your posts since the moment I started reading. I found your blog via your husband's lovely work, which I saw at the annual art show in Fredericksburg and had to look up. I live in King George. Hope to meet in person one day!

    All the best,
    Shirley Braden

    ReplyDelete
  11. I for one and very happy you chose to blog! And count you as one of my very good friends now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your milestones!! Thank you so much for your kind responses to my comments, your help with my roses, and your offer to help me identify my inherited roses. (An offer I plan on taking you up on the spring, when I can take some good pictures, and remember where I have saved them too!!)

    Happy Gardening!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations... oh how I have enjoyed you and your blog over the years. Winnie in your life has been so enjoyable to read of and her face always gets a giggle out of me. Thanks for being you and for giving us all good things to read. xox

    Love those green pendant lights!! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the effort you put into your blog where I have been entertained , instructed, amused, saddened, and gladdened. Six years is a long time blogging, so kudos to you for hanging in there and always putting up something worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie - Diane Rehm is doing a show, The Legacy of Mr Rogers, today at 11 am! If you miss it, you can always listen to the recorded one. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Wow, 6 years, you go girl!
    I love that you're doing it all for YOU! And us!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog is one of the few that I have continued to follow faithfully through the years. I look forward to each and every post and as a rose lover, always enjoy reading about your gardens. Thank you for staying in for the long haul (CONGRATS on 6 years!!!!) looking forward to 2015! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your world with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! I come to your blog often and REALLY enjoy that there are no ads. I enjoy your rose adventures and different life adventures and appreciate you sharing them. Thanks, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I enjoy your blog so much and even learn a few things here and there... I even attempted to propagate a wild rose near me with some of your instructions... didn't use the soda bottle (don't drink soda).

    Think I will find that post again and try it soon! Wish we lived in the same time zone.. with our shared love of gardening, knitting and watercolor painting it would be great to meet!

    Have a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  21. For without this blog, we would have never met such wonderful folks, for without this blog I would not have found such a sweet friend, for this blog we continue to be so grateful♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your milestone...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have loved every step I've taken with you along the way in bloglandia, Connie. Your posts are always fun, inspiring, sweet, or educational. I treasure our friendship - and I pray that you and your family are blessed with a peaceful and joy filled Christmas! Hugs!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails