Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The View From Where I Sit

Yesterday evening, my view from the corner of the sofa in the family room was a fine one.  In front of me, on the ottoman, is Maggie ... in her usual Mom's-working-on-her-laptop spot next to my feet.  She wants to be in my lap, but the computer is there.  The rose books I have been reading are close by, in a stack on the ottoman's tray.



Glancing to my left, I see Ruby ... oh so sacked out in the chair beside me.  She fits so well into our family, and I feel blessed that she found us.



This morning, the sky is cloudy and rain is on its way ... making it a perfect morning to get some planting done ... so I'm off to change into work clothes and we'll see how many roses I can get into the ground.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful relaxing photos, Connie. Oh my gosh, Ruby is sooooo relaxed. Would she mind if I gave her some belly rubs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious right now...no planting for a month or so, but I will be back at it. Doing tons of deadheading though. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best things in life, relaxing with laptop,
    together with cat and dog. Wish you a happy planting day, we have here the first real warm day, that means 30 degr.C. with a high humidity. The first old roses are in bloom and the scent in the garden is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie lays by my feet when I'm on the computer also, after walking across it a few times of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Seeing Ruby all sacked out made me chuckle!

    My rose books are stacked by bed. I'm reading Susan Irvine's currently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had bouts of downpours today. The humidity is mighty uncomfortable, so while you go out into it to work, I shall relax here inside where it's cool... cuz I'm all about relaxing. Love the pics today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain makes me want to be like Ruby, although I would probably snore in that position... or choke. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie- there's no place like home-- surrounded by those you love-- especially the little ones with 4 legs. We have similar situations at our house-- our kitties rule the roost;)

    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Connie!! What great company you have around you!! Today really was one of those days to be inside with a book, or in between showers looking at what's blooming--In my yard, the day lilies are blooming, and my hydrangeas aren't far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that photo of Ruby! And of course, Maggie is special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruby is the one blessed to have found YOU! Not many dogs get it that good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is it about dogs? I see their snout & want to kiss them.

    A man? Never felt that way !!

    XO T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails