Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bud!

Today would have been my father-in-law's 78th birthday.  He passed away a year and a half ago, and we still miss him terribly.  My husband is spending the day with his mother and brother, and he is bringing this with him to give to his mother.

This looks a little bit distorted because I had to tip the painting downward to photograph it without glare.


It is an oil painting that my very-talented husband did from an old photo of his father and our youngest daughter, taken in the backyard of my in-laws' former house.  I love this photo, but I now love this painting even more.

I know that my mother-in-law will love it, too.

(If you want to see a photo tribute to my father-in-law that I did when he passed away, click HERE.)

Happy Birthday, Dad!  We sure wish you were here.

Love,
Connie

P.S.  This weekend was an exhausting blur, and I have so much to show you.  We'll do that tomorrow.

and ... don't forget to enter my tile tray giveaway, if you haven't already.  I am really enjoying getting to know all of you!

18 comments:

  1. Oh Connie, what a wonderful way to remember your father in law.
    How lucky you both were to have such a good relationship.

    The painting is beautiful - yes, your husband IS very talented! His Mom will love it. She'll cry, but she will love it, and she will cherish the love that produced it.

    All the best -- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is awesome!

    Can't wait to see what you have been up to during your blurry week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, treasured painting that will be! I'm sure your mother-in-law is going to absolutely love it! Your father-in-law will be smiling down on that moment for sure. Have a great day! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You husband is indeed a very talented person. A wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real artist, just beautful!!!
    Such a touching work of art~
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, the painting is amazing! How talented!

    Happy Birthday, Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie, that painting is amazing, he did such a wonderful job! I'm sure your father-in-law is smiling a big smile today!

    Sounds like we both had blurry weekends, I can't wait to hear about yours!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband is very talented! His mother is going to love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. La pintura es excelente, que gran muestra de cariño, de seguro que a tu madre le va a encantar. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, se me olvidaba me gustaría participar en el sorteo, pero no sé si será posible por estar tan lejos. C.R.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shirley, gracias por el cumplido sobre la pintura hermosa de mi marido. Esto significará mucho para él. Voy a entrar en el sorteo de la bandeja del azulejo. (por favor perdonen Google Translate ha hecho a este cuando se convierte al español.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That painting is amazing! I know your Mother In Law will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing painting. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your husband
    has a gift....
    and he's created
    one that his mom
    is sure to treasure.
    Dad looks like a
    precious soul.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie, that painting is just beautiful! What a gift!.. and what a talent, your husband!....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails