Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ralph Moore (1907 – 2009)

Ralph Moore, the father of the miniature rose, died today. He hybridized hundreds of roses, and advanced the science of rose breeding more than any other man I can think of. He was a genius who seemed to have no regard for the word ‘impossible’.













As an example of just how much I admire this man and how much I love his roses … out of the 800-or-so varieties of roses I grow here, 150 of them were bred by Ralph Moore.














Here are some of Mr. Moore’s roses that are blooming in my garden today, offered here as my tribute to this very special man.































































God speed, Mr. Moore.




(written by Hartwood Roses,  Hartwood Roses blog)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails