Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Beauty of Singles and Stamens.

The Fall flush of flowers is beginning here, and I was out in the garden the other afternoon with my camera ... taking advantage of a light overcast to get some really nice photographs for the web site. Singles and semi-double roses are some of my favorites, and many of these were blooming.

Here are some of my roses, proudly showing their stamens.  Enjoy!







































































































(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Connie: Impressive! Paul suggested we surf your website for some rose ideas for the wedding. We'll need to hook-up to discuss details. You and Steve are of course invited. Also, I found a photo of a Heidelberg Rose surfing the web, but it was not a cluster as I understood you to suggest. Can you send me a picture so I can see what my Charlie Brown Christmas tree will eventually become? Paul says it may become a man-eating plant that will eat my dog! Thanks! Jim Williams jim@burnettwilliams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...this Charlie Brown Christmas Tree is starting to look like the man-eating plant on the Little Shop of Horrors....maybe Paul was right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails