Monday, August 17, 2009

How I Spent My Weekend Away

This weekend was so much fun!!


We went with three other couples to the New River Gorge in West Virginia to go zip lining.


We stayed in this cabin at Hemlock Haven. It was wonderful and relaxing, and dog-friendly.





Saturday morning, we loaded up to go play in the tree tops.





They outfitted us with harnesses, and gloves, and helmets.





Clipped us to zip lines, and we flew through the trees.





We walked suspended bridges.





… and we finished our adventure with a 40-foot rappel.





This is a video that I took while zipping through the tree tops on one of the longer and faster lines. Ignore what looks like a terrible collision at the end of the video. I had to drop the camera (it was tethered to my belt-loop) so I could use my right hand to brake and come in for a soft landing.



Here's the URL, in case this link stops working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH2iSkZlYzw

(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails