Thursday, May 14, 2009

Introducing … Hartwood Wine.

Hartwood Wine

This is a very promising Hybrid Perpetual seedling from my batch in 2008. The flowers open a dark pink/maroon color, they blue a bit as they age, revealing nice yellow stamens. It wintered over as a tiny little thing in the Rose Field, and it’s already over a foot tall with 12 (yes, 12!) buds on it. I hope to have a limited number of these available for the 2010 season.

Hartwood Wine

… and it’s FRAGRANT!!

I named this in honor of Hartwood Winery, my next door neighbor. They are celebrating their 20th anniversary with a festival on June 6th … the same weekend as my opening. Go to their web site (www.hartwoodwinery.com) for details.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails