Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK Day

I am too young to have known much of Martin Luther King while he was alive.  I was nine years old when he was killed ... living the Army-brat life in Italy ... isolated from the turmoil in the US in the late 60s by culture and distance. 

(I borrowed this graphic from FB)
 
In my adult years, I have come to admire what Dr. King was ... and I wonder what further accomplishments he could have left behind.
 
Anyone who professes love and peace and understanding is someone that I hold in high esteem. 
 
Civil rights are HUMAN rights!
 
Bless you, Dr. King ... may we all do the best we can to live up to your Dream.
 

5 comments:

  1. Yes- I often have wondered what else he would have accomplished had he lived longer. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think he could have changed so much more in this country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes maybe we would have had a black president a lot sooner or maybe gay marriage in every state. We still have so much to overcome.
    Glad Daniel is still doing ok.
    x
    C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails