Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Love My Truck!!



I bought it two years ago ... the ultimate Craig's List find ... a 1984 Ford F150 with 81,000 miles, and I'm only the third owner.  This truck can haul ANYTHING. 


This is a full-size truck bed, my friends ... not the shrunken bed one gets with a new pick-up these days. 



Why do I have my own truck, you ask? Because my husband's truck is big, and comfortable, and has heated seats ...




... and its bed is only 5 1/2 feet long! (Which pick-up truck designer thought that this would be a good idea???)



One day, in a fit of frustration at having to borrow my husband's truck, and finding that whatever I wanted to haul didn't fit AGAIN, I asked if I could PLEASE have my OWN truck. The Husband agreed, and it took me about two weeks of scouring Craig's List to find it.




It was perfect!! My mechanic came with us to check it over. He proclaimed it to be in good condition, and told us that he was going to buy it if we decided not to. That's a good enough recommendation for me!



A little bit of carburetor work, some new brakes, and a tune-up, and she was good to go.

I cannot say enough about the freedom that having my own truck represents.  If I find a cool deal on a large piece of furniture, I can hop into my truck and go get it.



Hauling roses to a plant sale?  No problem.  We put on the camper shell (another Craig's List deal), and I can haul 200+ roses, the tables, and my canopy.



There have been a couple of times when we had to take my golf cart somewhere ... and we can use ramps and drive the cart right up into the back of my truck.  It fits perfectly.

(I don't have a photo of the cart actually IN the truck ... you'll have to take my word that it fits.)


Need a little extra workspace outside? Just yesterday, I used the tailgate as a workbench while I was cutting beadboard ... after I took the truck to Lowes and picked UP the beadboard.


(This is more work on my new sewing room. The Big Reveal is coming soon, I promise.)

Did I mention that I love my truck?

Wanna go for a ride?


Linking this post to:


  


(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog.)

22 comments:

  1. That's a fine truck. What are you doing with beadboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your truck too!
    (its from a mighty good year!)

    we have a little 1990 S10 that has a 6 foot bed and we MAKE it fit stuff, haha!

    I think i need to spend some time on craigslist to see if i can find a camper shell for my Stephen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm almost ready to show you where the beadboard went ... I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could use a truck too. I get tired of Hubby hauling things inside my SUV. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your truck! and Your Jeep! Haven't forgotten that!.. and.. my post has a cool truck in it today too that I know you'de get a kick out of. I'm not allowed to drive it often. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a truck like thaaat!! (this must be read in a high pitched whine to get the true effect). I never have anything to haul my treasures home in and have to wait until Brian can go pick them up for me - and then listen to him complain about what I cbought. If I had my OWN cool truck I could bring them home and he.would.never.know.

    Can't wait to see the beadboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and that truck, I love it! I can't wait to see the beadboard installed!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your truck. So many times I wish I had one! Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the perfect truck to haul to haul almost anything...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The husband has a big Chevy truck, but it is too big for me to drive. So I have to say I love my Jeep. I do a bit if hauling and towing with it.

    Your truck is nice, bit it is still pretty big! That is what is so good about it though, right?

    At least your husband would let you use his truck. Mine won't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha! Your new truck looks sturdy, in great shape, and almost vintage! I can't believe you could put that cart right up in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Though my truck is a full-sized F150, it is considerably less of a hulk than my husband's. Mine is not as tall, not as wide, and it has huge glass so there are almost no blind spots. It is so much easier to maneuver!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so awesome!!! Great ol'Ford!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am suffering from truck envy...
    although every Honda I have ever owned was used as a truck. Instead of having a convenient and safe truck bed we have to use the roof.
    I love my Hondas, but I do still dream of having a great saling truck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's one of my deep
    dark secrets to own
    a truck....preferably
    of the vintage variety!
    Loved hearing about your
    ride : ) !!
    Happy Thanksgiving....
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just found your fabulous blog through Suzanne at Privet and Holly. I have been scrolling through your posts and I am seriously in love with this blog...not to mention your fine truck! I have an older(larger)suv for all my chores and love it.
    Your cats are precious. My kitty is now 27 years old(no, that's not a type-o)and he is still very precious too.
    Thank you for your suggestion about my mystery rose. I can't wait to find out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have become a follower of your wonderful blog. My little icon has disappeared so I am following in the generic silhouette.
    I am so looking forward to following your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is still in good condition! You are lucky to be the third owner. It looks strong and capable of carrying heavy loads. She is a beauty that can definitely show off her muscles. It is going to be a fun ride!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm SOLD!
    I want one!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails