Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have my Tuesdays back.

Yesterday was my last day of class. In case you didn’t know, I took Greenhouse Management at J. Sargent Reynolds Community College this summer. Every Tuesday since late May, I have been hanging out in greenhouses throughout central Virginia (in summer, ugh!), learning how they tick. Now that class is finished, I have my Tuesdays back.

To celebrate, today I spent the morning with my camera at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond. I wasn’t expecting much, since it’s mid-summer and the roses should be resting in the heat. To my surprise, almost all of the teas and chinas had at least a few flowers. The Crenshaw Musk was quietly blooming … with most of her fragrant little flowers WAY over my head.



Dorsey-Cosby China



Crenshaw Musk



There are lots and lots of tombstones there with roses on them.



Roses and Spiderwebs

Here is a slideshow of the best of today’s photos.

Hollywood Cemetery

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Even after a busy day of taking care of others on my job, I can see beautiful rose via your camera!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails