Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Garden at Ben Lomond in Manassas.

Earlier this year, I was in Manassas to take one of our cats to the vet. After her appointment, I made a detour past Ben Lomond (a 19th Century stone manor house) to see the rose garden there.

The roses could use a bit of care, but it wasn’t really all that bad. I was very pleased to find roses there that you almost never see in a public garden. Most of them are old, once-blooming European roses … ones that can survive and thrive with minimal care, and bloom like crazy every spring.

I don’t know the names of most of the roses I saw. There were very nice engraved markers beside almost all of the roses, but many of them are obviously beside the wrong rose.

Here is a slideshow of my photos, so you can see them for yourselves.

SLIDESHOW

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails