Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Driving Past Our House, and Going Back in Time

As I was hunting for the satellite image on Google Maps that I used in yesterday's post, I got distracted by the street view of our property.  I can tell exactly when the photos were taken, based on the scene that they show ... late October, 2012.

Our neighbor's property was for sale.  Wonderful new neighbors have been here for three years now.


I don't recognize this car.


That pile of stuff underneath the tarp is the freshly-cut slabs of our fallen oak tree.  THIS post shows how it was done by the sawmill crew.


Their equipment tore the yard up a bit, but not too badly.


This was right before I closed my retail nursery.  The sign was still up.






Next stop, Hartwood Winery next door.  That's their driveway on the right.


I'm such a junkie when it comes to reference and archived material.  I have to handle Google Maps carefully, otherwise I could get lost for days searching addresses and wandering far-off streets.

Have you played on Google Maps and checked out your house?

1 comment:

  1. I check monthly, especially since last year, the google car came down our road...our road is not on the street view, just satellite...of course at the time, the front hill was weedy, so maybe i don't mind...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails