Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Yesterday's Thrift Store Scores

By mid-morning yesterday, I had finished all the work I intended to accomplish for the day ... so, I changed my clothes and I leaned my head into the office and told my husband, "I'm going to go waste the rest of the day.  See you later this afternoon."  

I hit a couple of antique shops, but nothing was tempting.  That's how it is since I realized that I have too much stuff ... it's hard to get in the mood to bring more stuff home, no matter how wonderful it seems.  I kept at it, and I finished my afternoon at a favorite thrift shop, spent a whole $1.50, and I got really useful stuff.



The Brighton business card holder is totally my style ... embossed stainless steel, patent leather, with a silverplated monogram that spells L-O-V-E ... $1, thank you very much.  The measuring spoons will be a spare set kept in my workshop for measuring garden chemicals ... $0.50.

For lunch, I treated myself to a McDonalds chicken wrap, large unsweet iced tea, and a small Wendy's frostie (one of my guilty pleasures), and I returned home relaxed and recharged.  

Related Posts with Thumbnails