Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hanging With My Sister

This is what my sister does on the weekends for fun ...



Dog agility ... and she's really good at it.  She and her Border Collie, Jackson, have been competing for a long time (he just turned 9) and they have qualified for Nationals two or three times.  Jackson is perfection in motion when he and my sister are running a course. 

Three-year-old Roxanne (Sheltie) is coming up the ranks, and she is a bit more opinionated than her brother.  In this video I shot of Roxanne running the course yesterday morning, listen to her telling my sister the way SHE thought things should be done.  (Roxanne refused the second obstacle, choosing a different one that was better to her liking, and the rest of the run was for training because she was disqualified.)


After her run, I told my sister, "Roxanne sure looked like she was having fun."  My sister just shook her head.

9 comments:

  1. I've watched these on TV before and they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. First of all Misty would be just like Roxanne, and Quinn would simply refuse to even try! I can see a resemblance between you two, even though I didn't get a good look at her face!

    Kat :)

    P.S. I owe you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of raising my kids. I'd be trying to navigate them through life's obstacle course, they would bark loudly, refuse the direction, do their own thing, then wag their tails and expect a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video was fun to watch. They must both sleep well at night..lol

    Thanks for stopping by following along.
    I wonder if I can keep the chatting down too and the copious pics.

    x
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. What energy! And how quick! My goodness! Your sister really gets a workout as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun. Loved to watch! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the video, thank you for sharing and your sister sure must have a good heart and a lot of patience with those darling doggies!

    Our 10 year old Sheltie runs around us like that - but not on an agility course - and has that same bark. "hey, do it my way, hey, over here, watch me, etc. etc. bark, bark, bark! " we love him regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie, it looks like you definitely are fluent in Sheltie-speak. I think that's EXACTLY what Roxanne was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol I played this video and my dogs won't stop barking and looking for the other dog....

    so, they're not so bright....
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails