I'm supposed to share some random facts, ones that you may or may not know and might find interesting.
1. I learned to sew when I was ten years old. I made my prom dresses as a teen, and even sewed my own wedding dress (and one for my sister). Many of the clothes my three daughters wore came from my ancient Kenmore sewing machine ... prom dresses for them, too.
Now, I sew for my dogs. They get coats, sweaters, and collars. Greyhounds need special martingale collars, and I make tons of them. (all profits are donated to Greyhounds Rock, which raises money for canine cancer support and research.)
2. I usually wear my socks inside out.
3. My coffee cup is my constant companion in the morning, and I'm always misplacing it. "Where's my coffee cup?" is a regular thing.
4. Since I started to need reading glasses, I have probably bought 50 pairs. I have them all over the house, in my purse, in all my cars, and who-knows-where else. I have sophisticated ones, gaudy ones, classic ones, flowered ones ... all bought cheap, so I don't feel bad when I lose them or break them. I found a pair in the yard yesterday afternoon. No telling how long they'd been there.
5. I love funky shoes and baseball caps. Here's my newest shoes, with one of my favorite caps ... not your Grandma's rose-themed attire, is it.
Since everyone I can think of who blogs has already done this at least once, I'll keep these awards here instead of passing them along. I am so honored that Karen and Grace think enough of my little blog to acknowledge it like this. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself when I'm here.
(written by Hartwood Roses. Hartwood Roses blog.)