Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flowers on Friday ... Monsieur Paul Lede

There is so much blooming in the garden right now, I'm afraid that I may wear out my camera photographing it all.  One of the most photogenic roses I found this week was Monsieur Paul Lede, a climbing tea rose introduced in 1913.






These beautiful apricot roses, against the blue sky and the weathered concrete fence posts, made for a wonderful series of photos that afternoon.








When I planted this rose, I didn't realize that it was a climbing tea ... so, it's planted in the center of the border where a shrub would have been perfect.  To accomodate the 8-foot canes that Msr. Paul Lede produced last year, I gathered them up and flipped them over the fence.  This may not be a perfect solution, but it will have to do until I find a better place for it.








If you come this weekend during Open Garden on Sunday, Msr. Paul Lede will be here to greet you.



(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog.)

7 comments:

  1. Stunning rose..and the delicate coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful rose with such an unrose-like color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And were your ears burning today as I was singing your praises?! I was telling someone that you could sell them the perfect climbing rose for their trellis that would be wind tolerant!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Just took hubby back to look at that Chapel photo. I'm so infatuated with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful rose! I love the apricot coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous rose! It is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails