Friday, April 30, 2010

Preparing for Plant Sale Day 2

Yesterday was a blur.  Husband and I left home right on time yesterday morning, with our vehicles loaded with all the miscellaneous large items and supplies necessary to take the roses on the road.  We set up our booth, arranged the roses, and even had time for lunch in the Lewis Ginter cafeteria (the food there is wonderful!). 

As we walked, I pulled my trusty Canon Elph out of my back pocket to snap some photos to show you some the colorful flowers and booths ... and the camera wouldn't start.  The lens is jammed, and I can't get it to do anything.

I will take my Nikon D-SLR with me today.  It's not nearly as handy as a point-and-shoot in the back pocket, but it's better than no photos at all. 


Today is supposed to be sunny, with temps in the low 80's.  Yesterday was clear and warm, and the sun shone all day ... I forgot to put sunblock anywhere but my face and ears, and my neck is sunburned. 

Note to self: 
sunblock ALL exposed areas,
and remember to wear wide-brimmed hat
the one with the big pink rose on it
so everyone knows that I'm the rose lady ...

(I think everyone knows this already.)

The customers started coming as soon as we returned to the booth after lunch, well before the 1:00 start time.  Husband had to go home to let out the dogs and get our little guy off the school bus, so I worked by myself ... as I will do again today. 

I was busy with sales and questions all afternoon!   By the time 6:00 closing time came, my feet and back were really tired.  Twenty two baby roses went home with their new parents ... some to first-time rose growers, some to experienced gardeners, and some to garden friends (Hi, Stephanie).

Gotta go get packed for today.  On my feet from 9-5, chatting roses with the public, and making new friends.  What a great way to spend the day!

****************************************

(Today is the last day to enter my giveaway for a New Dawn rose.  Click the icon at the top of my sidebar for details.)

(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog)

1 comment:

  1. Oh darn too late! I want to become a follower but the button won't come up for some reason- will have to try later

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails