Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Life, on a Bracelet

My friend, Goth Gardener, did a post yesterday about National Jewelry Day.  This reminded me that I had my own jewelry post in mind, to use a photo that I've had queued up in my photo file for a while.  This photo:



Modern charm bracelets are a big trend now ... mine is old-school, with charms that represent things that are important to me, collected over the years.  Let's take a minute to get to know me better, via the charms on my bracelet, starting at the top and working our way counter-clockwise.

Watering Can ... for my love of gardening.  Gardening used to be my hobby, then it became a profession, and now it is my way of life.

US Capital ... because I live near there.

Four-poster Bed ... represents the love of my life ... married to him for 37 years, come July.  

Baby Carriage ... for our three now-grown daughters.

Squirrel ... my spirit animal.  Squirrels gather things, lose them, and are awfully cute.

Leaning Tower of Pisa ... I lived near Pisa when I was in elementary school.

Camera ... self explanatory.  For as long as I can remember, I have loved to take photographs.

Heidelberg Castle and Coat of Arms.  I consider Heidelberg to be my second adopted home town.  Lived there for three years in the late 1970s.  It holds a very special place in my heart.

Perkeo ... famous Heidelberg character.

Windmill ... souvenir from a trip to the Netherlands.

Beer stein ... another Heidelberg memento.

Computer.  Computers have been a part of my life since I was a child, because my dad was a computer guy, and so is my husband.  With the introduction of public access to the Internet, and all its opportunities to connect with people all over the world, the computer has made my life so much richer.

11 comments:

  1. What a fun look at your charm bracelet. I have one I started in high school and I should get it out and take a look at it...memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I got the idea for this post ... from searching through my jewelry box (looking for something else) and finding my bracelet. Memories, indeed!

      Delete
  2. Love this post! fun! I used to want a charm bracelet - then I did the pandora thing, couldn't stand all that weight clanking around on my wrist, lol.. so I gave up on that idea. Yours is a lovely representation of the things you love, the memories you cherish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about Pandora bracelets being heavy. As for the clanking, I'm used to wearing an armload of bracelets, so that doesn't bother me.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I have one too, in a box somewhere from my teen years. Most are charms from trips to England (plane, Big Ben) and Scotland (bagpipes, thistle) but also a lobster from a trip to Prince Edward Island where I now live! What fun, thanks for the memories)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my charm bracelet and the memories it holds. My charms were often gifts from my mother.
    I adore the baby carriage on your bracelet. How fun to have the leaning tower of Pisa, Heidelberg and Netherlands charms for memories. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your charms represent so much ... the places and events that they commemorate, AND the fact that they were gifts. I love that!

      I kinda went overboard with the Heidelberg charms, since I couldn't decide which one I wanted. :)

      Delete
  5. Love this!

    First, I thought the four-post bed was an owl.

    I also have a baby carriage on my bracelet but mine represents the 19th Century F.A. Whitney Carriage Co. black wicker and reed carriage that I picked up at an antique store... because I'm weird like that ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It DOES look like an owl!!!

    I love your antique carriage! I don't think you're weird at all ... not much, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought owl because I have owls on my bracelet for Johnathan so I immediately thought your owl would connect to Steve since we've decided that they could be the same man ;D

      Takes a weirdo to know one ha ha ha.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails