When we started on it yesterday, the north wall of The Shack looked exactly the same as when you last saw it in THIS post.
End of day photo, 7/6/15.
It takes more time than you'd think to sort through the restored siding to choose which pieces to use, in order to have as little waste as possible. I am keenly aware that I only have the Shack's existing siding available for this renovation, since it's not possible to run to Home Depot or Lowes to pick up some more 50+ year old half-inch by six-inch pine siding if I run out. As long as my waste pile doesn't exceed the square footage of these new windows, I figure I'm good.
I was measuring and cutting the pieces of siding, and my husband was nailing them up and caulking them in place. Soon, we reached what we considered to be a milestone ... the top of the trim on the picture windows.
After a water and snack break, we got back to work ... fabricating and installing aluminum window flashing, adding spacer strips over the window trim, and nailing up one more course of siding.
End of day, 7/18/15.
By this time, it was getting to be close to noon and the temperature and humidity made for uncomfortable working conditions. We put away our tools and quit for the day ... pleased with what we accomplished, and excited to get back to it when the weather is more favorable.
Happy Sunday, Everyone!
Sunday Snapshots are posts devoted to moments in time that represent glimpses into everyday life in Hartwood, or wherever else I happen to be at the time.