We found one more critter nest ... this one was made by a particularly industrious varmint. Notice how he/she has incorporated two LONG pieces of pipe insulation into the design. These had to be dragged through the hole in the siding, along the floor, and threaded underneath each of the joists to get into this position. (Honestly, I never missed this and I don't remember where it was or when it was snitched.)
After we finished removing the plywood, The Husband went into the house to work on one of his paintings. While the rain fell pitter-pat onto the Shack's metal roof, I listened to the Nascar race on the radio and I swept and scooped and cleaned the mess left by the varmints underneath the floor. The area is now clean and ready for me to lay plastic down to help vapor-proof the old cracked concrete floor.
I had plastic here before, and some of it is in good enough condition to leave it in place ... I will put another layer over it, though, because there are a few holes and tears that need to be covered. Better safe than sorry.
Updating the List:
2a. (new item) Plumbing consultation.
3. Install vapor barrier and insulate the floor.
4. Reinstall the plywood.
5. Remove the dropped ceiling and all of its framing.
Work will stop here for a few days, because we are thinking about upgrading our plans for this building. As The Husband and I worked together this weekend, we talked and schemed and brainstormed. We threw ideas back and forth, we realized that adding plumbing for a real bathroom in this building may be something that we can do. There is easy access to water lines behind the building ... septic design and installation is the only question. Our plumber will be here first thing on Wednesday morning to take a look, and we'll see what he says about it. (Cross your fingers! I hope he gives us good news.)