Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sunny Cemetery Roses

While I was at Hollywood Cemetery last Sunday for their "Sunday Picnic", I saw that many of the roses are in full bloom.  Part of my project there is to create an archive of all of the roses, which includes photos and identities of each rose. 

I spent a few hours at Hollywood yesterday afternoon, and I photographed 35 roses.  It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day ... great for being outdoors, but lousy for decent photography.  I took advantage of brief cloud cover when I could, so most of my photos are fairly representative of what each rose looks like.

'Shailer's Provence'
 
 
I will format and share as many photos as I can later.  To be honest, I just can't spare the time to do that right now.  My main concern is to make sure that each rose is documented and that the photos are safely downloaded and backed up.
 
Today is a fun day.  I'm heading to northern Virginia for a garden club plant exchange.  The back of my Jeep is full of roses that I have decided not to plant ... can't wait to see what cool stuff I can swap them for!
 

5 comments:

  1. I think roses against a headstone look so lovely. It reminds me of the love others had for the departed. Have fun at the plant exchange. I look forward to seeing what you end up with, and also seeing more cemetery roses as you identify them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good swap! I love the look of old roses in a cemetery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you continue to archive images of the Hollywood Roses. Keep up the great work. I enjoy your blog.
    Peggy Cornett

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails