No fancy styling here ... this is exactly what you would see if you were standing at my kitchen sink ... which you sort of are, in a virtual blog-type way. Because our home's windowsills are so deep, I have to work really hard to keep this one from filling up with all sorts of stuff (the walls of this old brick house of ours are over a foot thick).
On the windowsill right now you see:
1. A jar with two paintbrushes (washed out and drying from Chalk Paint projects)
2. A tiny vase with a sprig of Rosemary that I plan to try to root
3. A square jar filled with rocks from our trip to Alaska this summer
4. A baby Saguaro Cactus I got years ago at the botanical garden in Phoenix, Arizona
5. An empty pot that used to hold an African Violet
1. The big green building with the grey roof is our 4-car detached garage.
2. The white building is our future guest house/studio/workshop.
3. My greenhouse is all buttoned up for winter.
4. The area between the house and the greenhouse, surrounded by picket fence, is our dogs' backyard.
The view this morning was frosty with a light fog ... sparkly and beautiful.
What do you see when you stand at YOUR kitchen window? I would love to put together a post filled with kitchen windows from all over the world, so we can all visit each other's views. If you want to participate, email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your location, and a short description ... what does your kitchen window say about YOU?
You have a week to send your photo ... I'll put up the post with everyone's photos on November 30.
Are you in?