Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Through My Kitchen Window

A person's kitchen window can tell you a lot about who they are.  Mine definitely does.

 
 
No fancy styling here ... this is exactly what you would see if you were standing at my kitchen sink ... which you sort of are, in a virtual blog-type way.  Because our home's windowsills are so deep, I have to work really hard to keep this one from filling up with all sorts of stuff (the walls of this old brick house of ours are over a foot thick).  
 
On the windowsill right now you see: 
1.  A jar with two paintbrushes (washed out and drying from Chalk Paint projects)
2.  A tiny vase with a sprig of Rosemary that I plan to try to root
3.  A square jar filled with rocks from our trip to Alaska this summer
4.  A baby Saguaro Cactus I got years ago at the botanical garden in Phoenix, Arizona
5.  An empty pot that used to hold an African Violet
 
Outside:
1.  The big green building with the grey roof is our 4-car detached garage.
2.  The white building is our future guest house/studio/workshop.
3.  My greenhouse is all buttoned up for winter.
4.  The area between the house and the greenhouse, surrounded by picket fence, is our dogs' backyard.
 
The view this morning was frosty with a light fog ... sparkly and beautiful.
 
What do you see when you stand at YOUR kitchen window?  I would love to put together a post filled with kitchen windows from all over the world, so we can all visit each other's views.  If you want to participate, email your photo to connie@hartwoodroses.com.  Please include your location, and a short description ... what does your kitchen window say about YOU?
 
 You have a week to send your photo ... I'll put up the post with everyone's photos on  November 30.
 
Are you in?
 

10 comments:

  1. There is always the Captain Kirk chair telling me much about my clients.

    Cookbooks on the counter tell me LOADS about my clients.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take a picture when I get home or tomorrow while I am cooking! Happy Thanksgiving Connie!!! :) donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kitchen window says somebody needs to dust! It used to look out over the back yard, now there's a sunroom. That window was always too tall for me anyway.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish I could participate but my kitchen sink faces towards our family room. No window! :/
    Your window view is, by the way, lovely. I'd love to be able to see all the 'goings on' that pass by while cleaning up in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try to do this in a day or so, Connie. We look out at the bay. xo Diana ps. I LOVE looking out your kitchen window-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in! I've sent you our kitchen window from the city apartment and will see if I can't take a picture of the window in the holiday cottage tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'll try to do this when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun and if my back spasms stop, count me as a player.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails