Friday, December 16, 2011

What a Fabulous Find!

In addition to stocking my antiques booth with pieces culled from my own collection of treasures, my plan is to also trawl thrift shops and Craig's List looking for things.  It's been a lot of fun to adopt a "picker's" mentality, evaluating items for their repurposing and resale potential.  When I came across the ad for this chair, I knew I had to make the trip across the county to see it for myself.



The headline on the ad said, "Adorable Vintage Chair (Shabby Chic)". 



Adorable?  Check!

Vintage?  Check ... approaching 'Antique', if you ask me.

Shabby?   definitely!



Except for the shredded upholstery, this chair is perfect exactly the way it is!  Once I strip the fabric off, I'll touch up some of the chips and scratches in the wood ... but no paint will touch these beautiful details.



I wonder what I have in my stash of fabric that will look good on this?  Something pale and feminine, for certain ... and double welting instead of yards and yards of gimp like it has now.



Once it's finished, I imagine that it may be hard to let go of this one.

Sharing this post at:



13 comments:

  1. When you finishing the work, PLEASE share a picture or three with us! This looks like a piece just waiting to be transformed.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this beauty with new fabric! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think she was worth the trip across the county. The detail of the wood is amazing, and so is the patina. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I look forward to following your blog! Your farm looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful details on the chair...I think I would have traveled across the county for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have a really hard time letting that go! However, you know me, I have a hard time letting go of anything. If I just had a bigger house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful chair...
    i would definitely find a place for it!
    i found some extra room in my china cabinet for my find this week, too
    merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helo Connie,

    Fabulous find you got there girlie! Lots of personality and those legs..Wowsa!!!

    Can't wait to see what you do with this...good excuse to come see you again ;->

    Janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can't WAIT to see that baby done! You will NEVER be able to part with it...that is a special chair! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful chair. I'm glad to hear you don't plan on painting it. Even tho I've done it myself, and it often looks pretty, I think paint really shouldn't be put on every thing!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great chair! I can't wait to see it refinished! Thank you so much for joining TTF and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chair has beautiful bones! Some things are best left as is (except for the fabric that is) and this is one of them. I think you're right on the pale and feminine. :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails