Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

I recently found a cool little gathering in the blog-world.  On the 15th of every month, dozens of garden bloggers check in over at May Dreams Gardens to show photos of whatever is blooming in their garden that day.  I decided to try to participate, figuring that our recent frigid weather, snow, and rain would leave almost nothing to photograph.

As I walked the property with my grandson, we found a few flowers.  I wasn't surprised to see camellias ... they're supposed to be flowering now.






(Camellia japonica 'Rosy Red')








(Camellia japonica 'Pink Serenade')


Tucked into the grass here and there, were dandelions.






There was one lonely flower left on the Climbing Aster (Aster caroliniana)




It was a big surprise to find tiny a spray of flowers on a volunteer Money Plant.




The roses are all sleeping now.  We only found one photo-worthy rose ... a freeze-dried flower on Awakening.




This was fun.  I'm not accustomed to wandering around in December looking for flowers to photograph.  I think it was cool that we found any at all.

(written by Hartwood Roses.  Hartwood Roses blog)

4 comments:

  1. Your camellias are lovely and you also reminded me that I want one of those climbing asters. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Pink Seranade' is very pretty -s such a clear pink. I want a climbing aster too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. I am glad to know a more local source for antique and old roses. I work for a garden center and although we sell a few old roses, we not carry a wide selection. So now I can direct them to Hartwood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails