Friday, February 6, 2009

I Love eBay!

I am a collector. I admit it. I have probably always been a collector. My mother thinks that I was probably a crow in a former life – flying around, gathering things that appeal to me.

While surfing eBay yesterday looking for something completely different, I scored a prize: an original set of 48 antique rose cards from 1913. I can’t wait till they get here!

The cards have a picture of the rose on the front, and its description on the back. Like this:

Photobucket Photobucket

Here are some more:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

(I have NO idea how I will display these …. any ideas?)

1 comment:

  1. Framed in sets of eight or four, sandwiched between two panes of glass, to see both sides. Mat or no mat, ask the framer. If no mat they have a way to do this but I like the old fashioned photo corners. It would look period appropriate. Display in a group. I may even paint a feature wall a companion color just for them, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails