I almost thought I was going to have to punt this week, until I got a brainstorm. This whole house is a giant still life that represents me ... all I had to do was find a piece of it that told my story.
Here is one corner of my office ... the room here at home that contains all of my very favorite things. This corner has clues to all sorts of thing about me.
1. I collect antiques. I love this little chair.
2. Family is very important. The "Interwoven Socks" sign represents my husband's family in West Virginia.
3. Flea markets and second-hand shops are the best. This sofa was made by Harden, and it was $50 at Goodwill.
4. I read a lot, and I try to be organized. My office has two walls of bookshelves, 9 feet tall. All of the books are arranged by subject ... this photo shows my Lilian Jackson Braun books on one shelf and my general gardening books on the other. My library of rose books takes up almost an entire bookshelf on its own, on the other side of the room.
5. I love cats. Meow.
6. I collect quirky things ... you can see an alabaster bust of Beethoven and a concrete frog on a sphere. Elsewhere in the room are die-cast models of most of my cars, a whole wall of greyhound prints and memorabilia, and assorted small wood boxes.
7. I'm not very good at finishing things. This house is a huge work in progress, and I tend to get pulled from project to project. Notice the wood filler in the nail holes on the window trim.
Be sure to see what the others have created for their project this week at Camilla's blog. BLOOM.
(written by Hartwood Roses. Hartwood Roses blog)